Saturday, January 8, 2022

My Famous Sweet Cornbread

 I wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

My Famous Sweet Cornbread


I have been making this sweet cornbread recipe for so long it is a family staple in my house. Whether you are having beans, pulled pork, or so many other dishes this is a perfect addition. You can even eat it alone. i can’t tell you how many times I have a piece with butter and honey for a sweet snack.

What is really nice is if you have any left overs, which we never do in this house you can easily freeze it.   I just put it in a freezer zipper bag and boom done. I only have one time and we used it within the first month.  I’m sure it could of been in there about 3 months and still been good as fresh.

Ingredients

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted I use salted
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. In a medium-size bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and melted butter and stir.
  3. Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until fully combined, but do not over mix.
  4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold them into the batter.
  5. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

 

Enjoy! I always let it cool a little bit You can cut it warm but I wouldn’t suggest right out of the oven. I know you will love it as much as we do. It is the perfect compliment to any meal!

 

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. This is a family recipe that has been around as long as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment