Saturday, January 8, 2022

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

 I wasn’t compensated for this post.  All opinions are 100% my own.

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

Salsa chicken

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is one of my favorite dishes. I am a cook at heart. I love to cook and bake and staying at home really has given me the opportunity to make many different dishes. Some days if you are like me, easy recipes that you can just throw in the crockpot are the way to go. Salsa chicken is one of those recipes that are just that. So are you ready for one of the easiest most flavorful meals ever? Well wait no more!

Salsa Chicken

1-1 1/2 pounds chicken breast

1 16 oz jar of salsa ( I like hot)

garlic powder to taste

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup chicken broth

 

That’s it! Now that you have the ingredients it is really easy. Put the chicken in the crock pot. Add chicken broth. I use a few frozen ice cubes of homemade bone broth. I will add that recipe to the site soon, I promise. If you have an Instant Pot it is easy peasy.

Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper to chicken. Salt can be added if you would like, I personally don’t add extra salt to most of my dishes. You can really change up the amounts on the seasonings depending on your own taste.  Top with your favorite salsa. Close the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. I personally like HIGH for chicken breast. Once your chicken is 165 F you take it out shred it up with a couple of forks and mix with as much liquid as you would like.

shredded salsa chicken

This chicken can be used in tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, the sky is the limit! Enjoy!!!

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment