Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs


Ok so I should of posted this like last week. The way I see it better late than never. Over the years I have learned a trick with boiled eggs that I thought I should share. It's really simple.


First try to use older eggs, get them like a week before. I use a large pot for 12-18 eggs. Put the eggs in the pot and cover with cold water about 2 inches above the eggs. Add 1 teaspoon baking soda. That is the trick for the shells to come off easy. Cook on high until boiling. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook 12 minutes. Remove from heat and place in cold water until cool enough to peel.


                                 © Karenr | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images


 Another thing I found is that brown eggs seem to be easier to peel. Of course when I'm coloring eggs I use the white shelled. I don't remember where I got this recipe if I were to guess I would say allrecipes.com.


 Happy Easter Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment