Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Jon!!



I haven't posted all weekend.  One reason is it was my brother Jon's birthday.  He has been gone 3 years in June.  I miss him very much, it is so weird not having him here.  I always thought he would outlive me, he was 3 and a half years younger after all.

He chose to work as an electric lineman which is a highly dangerous job.  I was always  fearful about him doing it but he loved it and promised me he would always be careful.  If only others were as careful he would be here today.  He was survived by his wife, 15 month old son, and his youngest son was born the day after his death.  Next time your power goes out instead of getting upset thank them for working long hours and risking their lives everyday so that we might have power.

We were at the store on Friday which was his birthday and my oldest Kaylee decided to pick out a cake for Uncle Jon.  So we had a little birthday celebration for him.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I have always been appreciative to those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. That's adorable that your daughter wanted to celebrate his birthday. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm also so glad you were able to remember your brother in such a sweet way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she really surprises me sometimes the things she thinks of. It made the day easier too.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete