Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bring Your Picnic To Life with Read Salads

I received product in order to review.  All opinions are 100% my own.


Bring Your Picnic To Life with Read Salads


 photo photo217_zpsaae1598f.jpg

This is my favorite time of year.  I love having picnics with my family.  Whether it is outside on our porch or going to the park.

I also like to have different dishes I can serve while we are enjoying our meal outside.  I now have new recipes I can use!

There are so many recipes you can use on Read Salads site.  The possibilities are endless.

 photo photo115_zpsac83aff0.jpg

For my first dish I used the German Potato Salad.  I only added a few things that my family loves to make it perfect for us.  In my family it doesn't matter what style potato salad we love to add egg. I also cut up a small Vidalia onion. It was absolutely awesome!  Even my almost 2 year old loved it and she is the picky one.

Next I made a bean dip with the Southwestern Bean Salad.  I took the salad and added diced tomato, diced red onion, cilantro, diced jalepeno, and lime juice.  I personally added hot sauce but we like spice in our house.  I served the dip with tortilla chips.  We really loved it!

Next I went to a BBQ at a friends house.  This time I used a recipe right off the site.  I used the Anipasto Bean Salad recipe.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 or 4 Bean Salad
  • 1/4 cup thin strips roasted red bell peppers
  • 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella or provolone cheese pieces (about 1/2-inch pieces)
  • 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts (canned or frozen; thaw if frozen)
  • 1/4 cup thin strips salami or pepperoni
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Dressing:
  • 1/4  cup reserved bean liquid
  • 2  tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, optional*

Directions

Makes 4 servings.
  1. Drain bean salad; reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
     
  2. For dressing, combine reserved bean salad liquid, oil and garlic; whisk until combined. Add fresh herbs, if desired.
     
  3. In large bowl, toss together drained bean salad, roasted bell peppers, cheese, salami and fresh basil. Toss with dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.














































I actually doubled the recipe and used both the 3 Bean Salad and the 4 Bean Salad together.  It was a huge hit at the BBQ.  Everyone was asking me for the recipe.

I really love Read Salads.  They really are high quality and help to create amazing recipes easily.  If you are like us and love to have a nice relaxing picnic let Read Salads become part of it.  You won't be disappointed.

I know you want to try them yourself, check out there site here.

Here We Go Again...Ready received product to review.  All opinions are 100% my own.  I only recommend products I feel will benefit my readers.


7 comments:

  1. This looks like a delicious recipe to make for dinner. I like artichokes in my recipes and I have to make this delicious salad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I love artichokes, why didn't I think of that! You are welcome!

      Delete
  2. The Anipasto Bean Salad recipe looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I just bought a can of the German Potato Salad but we haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is so good! Awesome! I know we really liked all of the salads. They are so good and so easy!

      Delete
  3. My grandmal loves the german potato salad, but Ive never tried them.

    ReplyDelete