Saturday, January 8, 2022

Electric Roaster Turkey

 I wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

Electric Roaster Turkey

Roasted Turkey

 

Electric roaster turkey is always my go to. I love turkey a few times a year and an electric roaster will give you a perfect result each time. This easy recipe I use will never fail you. It gives a tender, juicy, flavorful bird each time. So start by removing the turkey from the wrapper pull the neck and giblets and all that out.  Now for the recipe:

Electric Roaster Turkey

1 whole turkey

2 lemons cut in half

1 medium onion cut in fourths (can leave skin on)

2 sticks butter

4 cups chicken or turkey broth

seasoning to taste ( I use poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper usually)

Remove liner of roaster and put turkey in. Pour the broth in.  Stuff turkey with lemon and onion pieces. You can also put fresh herbs in there, too. Slide you fingers under the skin of the bird pressing to make room to slide butter between skin and meat. You can put seasonings on the butter before you slide it in if you would like. I put a half of a stick under the skin on each side of the back of bird and half in each side of the front.

Then you put the turkey liner in the electric roaster. Set to 450 for 30 minutes. Turn down to 325 and cook according to the Butterball time for the size of your turkey. Roasters cook faster than the oven so I would check about an hour or so before Butterball says it will be done. You want your turkey to be 180 in the thigh and 170 in the breast. When temperature is reached place in a pan that it will fit in and tent loosely with foil for 30 minutes before carving. Oh and don’t eat the lemons or onions you stuffed inside, they are for flavor only.

I have been cooking turkeys for years and have tweaked all the tips I’ve learned over the years. This is the compilation of that and we LOVE it. I know you will, too!

 

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment