Saturday, January 8, 2022

Rustic Sourdough Bread

 I wasn’t compensated for this post.  All opinions are 100% my own. This is not my recipe and can be found on King Arthur’s Flour site.

Rustic Sourdough Bread


I’m from the California Bay Area so I love sourdough bread. Extra sourdough bread to be exact. It is so hard to find anywhere else I have lived so I thought well if I can’t find it maybe I can make it? I have to warn on this recipe, it takes a long time. This is because you aren’t using yeast at all. You are only using the natural yeast of the sourdough starter. 

Okay so you say sourdough starter, what is that? Well it is a process that takes at least a week before it is ready to go. For a good sourdough starter recipe I started at King Arthur Flour’s site and followed the recipe here.

Once at least a week has past and your starter is looking good and ready it’s time to start on the bread.  Now like I stated this is a rustic sourdough bread. It doesn’t use added yeast. There are many recipes with yeast used along with the starter and I will post one at a later date. 

This recipe makes 2 loaves. Make sure you follow all of the steps and you will have an amazing bread.

My family gets so excited when they see that I’m in the process of making this bread. It is well worth the wait I can promise you that. 

Now for the recipe. I used the recipe at the same site I got the starter recipe from King Arthur’s Flour. They have so many amazing recipes. Make sure you look around while you are there.

GET RECIPE HERE

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. This is not my recipe and can be found on King Arthur’s Flour site.

No comments:

Post a Comment