Saturday, January 8, 2022

Sourdough Starter Flatbread

 I wasn't compensated for this post.


Sourdough Starter Flatbread


Sourdough flatbreads are easy and amazing. I have sourdough starter around all the time. Once I started I never stopped. Sourdough is my ultimate favorite bread since I was little. This is probably because I’m from the California bay area and it is well known for its sourdough.

Anyone the deals with sourdough knows you have to use or get rid of your starter everyday unless you store it in the fridge or freezer. Well I always have it on the counter and other than my sourdough bread that I make that you can find at this post Sourdough bread  I make flatbread a few times a week.

This is one of the easiest and yummiest recipes ever. You can snack on it alone, use for tacos, pizza, gyros, and so many more ways. You can change up the flavoring depending on what you want to use them for or you can make them plain.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup sourdough starter
  • seasoning depending (all pictured have 2 teaspoons of garlic herb seasoning)

 

Get a medium bowl and add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together well. Add the rest of the ingredients. I use a spatula until the dough starts to come together. From there I knead for a couple minutes until you can easily shape the dough in a ball. Cover with plastic wrap for an hour.

Remove the dough ball and split it in half and then split the halves in thirds. Shape all 6 pieces into balls. Flatten them out with your hands as thin as you can get them without cracking the dough. It doesn’t have to be perfect.

Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a medium high pan.  When the oil has heated up place the flattened dough in the pan. When it starts to bubble flip it over with tongs. Cook on the other side for about a minute or two. Remove from oil unto a plate covered in paper towels to soak up the oil. Cook the rest of the flatbread. When they have cooled enough to handle enjoy!

These are amazing and I bet you will be making them a few times a week like I do. You can make them sweet if you would like, too.


Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. 






No comments:

Post a Comment