Friday, July 25, 2014

Why Can't ALL Cancer Get Attention?

Am I the only one that asks this question??

My hope in writing this post is to find support and understanding to a question I ask myself almost daily for the last few years.  I just want to know if I'm the only one feeling this.

I planned on having pictures to show the different cancers my family is dealing with right now.  I was going to have the different colored ribbons for each cancer.  Unfortunately I was unable to find anything for the cancers in my family.  Why is my question?

Almost 4 years ago my FIL was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer.  I started noticing then support for many cancers is very few and far between.  I started pondering the question then.

Last year my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer.  This is another cancer that you don't hear anything about.  The support groups and support from the community on all levels is not there.

My aunt just recently was diagnosed with lung cancer.  She is terminal, it had spread to her brain and caused tumors before she even knew she had it.  My grandmother also died of lung cancer when I was a child.  

I also have an uncle fighting Leukemia right now. I have just in my family alone so many different types of cancer happening right now.  I never see mention of any of their cancers anywhere.  It really makes me sad.  What would the impact be if all cancers had attention all the time?

Let's fight ALL cancer!   Let's support and find a cure for ALL cancer. You would think with all the technology we have we wouldn't be suffering like we are.

 I just want equal attention for the sake of so many suffering right now.  Is it really just me??


4 comments:

  1. Because there's not enough money in it, unfortunately. This website was a HUGE eye opener for me and I don't buy any "breast cancer research" products anymore.

    http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! I was just speaking from the standpoint of other cancers having no attention at all. I had no idea that was going on, although as sad as it sounds, I'm not surprised.

      Delete
  2. I agree...and that goes for many ailments, conditions, diseases - because they don't have the money, exposure !?! I think about these things too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it's not just me. I agree about not just being cancer, too. I think I just had cancer on my mind because of what is going on right now in my own life. There are many illnesses that need help. I just don't know how to get to the exposure level that certain ones have.

      Delete