Saturday, January 8, 2022

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

 I wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

Chicken and rice casserole is a must have in my house. This is one of my favorite quick and easy versatile recipes. You can really change things up depending on what you have in the house. I have been known to throw some green beans, carrots, peas, or broccoli in the mix. I have also gone without cheese and it is just as yummy.

These ingredients are only a guide. You can change up the seasoning to what you have around your house. This recipe even my 10 year old daughter can pull off. You can use a whole chicken that is already cooked or even canned if you would rather. If you want a Mexican flare you can add a can or 2 of green chilies.

INGREDIENTS

  •  1 lb chicken breast cooked and diced or shredded
  • 1  dry onion soup mix
  • 2 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cup uncooked white or brown instant rice
  • Mrs Dash garlic herb
  • pepper
  • 2 cups colby jack cheese

Preheat your oven to 350. I use a 13×9 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Take all the ingredients except the cheese and mix in a big bowl.  Pour everything in the bowl in your prepared pan. Wrap in aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and if you are adding cheese do that now. I say 2 cups but honestly I probably use more, we love tons of cheese at my house. If you are wanting to kick up the spice you can use pepper jack that is amazing! Put the pan back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly. If you are going without cheese 10-15 minutes should be fine. Let cool about 5-10 minutes and Enjoy!

I usually serve with a side salad. If you actually have leftovers it makes a perfect lunch the next day.

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment