Saturday, January 8, 2022

Homemade Calzones

 I wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own

 

Homemade Calzones

homemade calzones

In our house this is a real treat. We love loaded up homemade calzones. I personally make my own dough, I will include a link to that recipe soon, You can easily purchase dough, too.  While my dough is rising I make up the filling we enjoy.  This time I used sliced peppers, onions, sausage that I cooked together.

homemade calzones

I throw the veggies in the pan without any oil, then I put ground sausage with sage, thyme, garlic, and pepper. I don’t add oil because the sausage keeps everything from sticking.

homemade calzones

When everything is done I set it aside and go back to the dough.

My dough has already rose then punched down and all that good stuff and ready to go.

homemade calzones

From here you split it into 4 balls and toss on a well floured board until you have a flat circle kinda like a pizza.  Move to a cookie sheet that has been foiled and sprayed. From there you add the toppings to the calzone. I personally added my sausage mix, fresh mushrooms, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. You can seriously put anything you want. One of my all time favorites just have veggies and cheese and it was AMAZING!

 

homemade calzones

Then fold over and seal all the seams. Now I am going to tell you I don’t do pretty. I’m not patient enough and my fingers just don’t work like they used to.

homemade calzones

Now you just put the calzone in a preheated 375 oven for 20-25 minutes.  Check at the earlier time because all ovens are different.

homemade calzones

When the time is up I put mine on a rack to cool until it is easy to handle. Cut them in half, serve with pizza sauce and enjoy this heavenly meal!

homemade calzones

Homemade Calzone Recipe:

  • homemade or premade pizza dough
  • fillings of your choice ( I did peppers, onions, sausage, pepperoni, and mushrooms)
  • mozzarella cheese

 

Preheat your oven to 375. I didn’t include measurements because it really is what you want to do honestly. I personally load up on tons of cheese. Bring dough to a well floured board until you have a flat circle kinda like a pizza.  Move to a cookie sheet that has been foiled and sprayed. From there you add the toppings to the calzone. Once you fill it with the toppings then fold over and seal all the seams. Now just put the calzone in a preheated 375 oven for 20-25 minutes.  Check at the earlier time because all ovens are different.

Enjoy this amazing recipe!

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment