Saturday, January 8, 2022

Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast

 I wasn't compensated for this post.

Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast

mississippi roast

 

Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast is one of my families favorites. I was lucky today I found roast on a really good sale and I knew exactly what I was going to make for dinner! I also have to state that my husband usually doesn’t like roast because he ate it a lot as a kid. He even likes this recipe so that says a lot!

I also can’t wait until the next day when I have open roast beef sandwiches with the leftovers. The flavors really soak in the next day and make it the perfect left over meal.

I did put potatoes on the bottom of the roast but I didn’t include it in the list of ingredients because it wasn’t part of the original family recipe. I just love the flavors the potatoes soak up. You can also add sliced onions and mushrooms and peppers or other veggies, it is very versatile. If you have chicken breasts and not roast that’s okay, too. You can use chicken in the place of the roast and it is just as amazing! As with all of my recipes you can add your favorite ingredients to make the recipe your own this is just a start.

INGREDIENTS

  • 3-4 pound Chuck roast
  • 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 packet Au jus gravy mix
  • 1/4 cup ButterUnsalted, cut in cubes
  • 6-7 Pepperoncini peppers ( I had sliced and whole this time, whatever works)

INSTRUCTIONS

    • Place the roast in a crockpot (6 quart or bigger).
    • Sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and Aus jus dressing mix.
    • Place peppers and the butter on top.
    • Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 hours.
    • Shred roast with forks

Enjoy the amazing yumminess you have created. You won’t be disappointed it will become a family favorite like it is in my house.

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. I only recommend products I feel would be beneficial to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment