Saturday, January 8, 2022

Homemade Salsa

 I wasn’t compensated for this post.  All opinions are 100% my own.

 

Quick and Easy Salsa

 

My family loves salsa. At least one of us has it daily. I really love making everything homemade if I can. Salsa is one thing that is quick and easy and tastes so much better when you do it yourself. I especially like the fact that I can control the salt intake when I make it myself.

So to make salsa at home it is really easy. All you need is a food processor and a few ingredients that really you can tweak to your own taste. 

Ingredients:

1 can diced tomatoes (I use no salt)

1 small onion quartered

2-4 cloves of garlic depending on your taste

1-2 jalapeno seeded depending on taste

1/2-1 tsp salt depending on taste

1-2 tsp lime juice

few sprigs of cilantro optional

 

Place all ingredients in your food processor. Hit pulse a couple times until well blended. Boom done! Isn’t that easy!!!

My girls don’t like cilantro so I don’t put it in most of my batches. You can also use Italian parsley in the place if you would like.  You can also leave the jalapeno seeds if you would like more spice.

I usually make my own chips, too. All you need is a package of corn tortillas. Preheat your oven to 350. Cut the tortillas into triangles and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. 

Place the triangles on the cookie sheet and lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 6 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt right away. Serve warm. You can also store in a sealed plastic bag for a couple of days.

I hope your family enjoys these quick and easy recipes as much as mine do!

Here We Go Again Ready wasn’t compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment